During Your Stay
Preparing for surgery can feel overwhelming or scary if you don’t know what to expect. You may have some unanswered questions and worries that make you feel this way. Knowing what to expect will help you feel less nervous and more in control.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is large enough to accommodate a bandage after surgery. Wear comfortable shoes such as slip-ons.
- You will need to change into a surgical gown once in the pre-op area.
- Do not wear any jewelry (including body piercing), makeup or cologne. Do not bring any valuables with you.
- Bring your drivers license and all insurance cards.
- Wearing contact lenses is NOT advised. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
- If your child is having surgery, feel free to bring a favorite stuffed animal or security blanket for added assurance.